Saturday, January 18, 2014

Keep on the Sunnyside

I try to read a lot about foods and learn more and more about what's really good for you and what's not so good for that hot bod of yours.

Although I do have a bad habit of accepting every article on the www as the honest truth...I found a blurb that I thought was especially fascinating.

It was all about bacon and if not over-consumed, it is actually good for you.  Did you know that Bacon can actually HELP reduce blood pressure because of its mono-saturated fat content?  It also helps balance triglycerides and stabilize blood sugar.  AND can help control those bastard carb cravings.

Enough of all the science...it's also really really really good.

Follow the page 'Just Eat Real Food' on Facebook, they posted about bacon today and are absolute geniuses.  ;). They seem to site credible sources and I have learned a lot just from reading their posts.  

To quote a piece of their awesome post "promoting bacon as a red hot ticket to weight loss might seem over the top, but eggs and bacon do as up to a high-fat, high-protein, low carb breakfast. They not only help people start their day feel in happy, but can reduce hunger pangs and rev the metabolism"

So....having said all that, I was inspired and made some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Yum.

I've been trying to master cooking a Sunnyside up egg for quite a while now.  I always get nervous and end up flipping it over thinking it's not done.  Today I tried it again.  I didn't get nervous and flip it at least....They are just not as pretty as the ones in the pictures at IHOP or Denny's.

Here's a post from the Pioneer Woman (that I found after I cooked today).  I'm going to give it a try next time.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/03/perfect-sunny-side-up-eggs/

She makes it seem so easy!

Cheers to making bacon part of your weekend routines and making the perfect sunny side up egg!

All that bacon makes me want to go for a jog!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: